Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween

We finally have the office and the home computer up and running at the new house so I hope that we will be better at posting updates on the boys.

Halloween day started much earlier than I had planned. I had mentioned to the boys that we were going to party on Saturday and Hayden clearly did not understand. By party, I meant stay up late, he thought let's get the day started at say 5 AM.

After the second nap of the day, we went to put their very cute costumes on. I had had their costumes for about 2 months now and clearly had not planned for Hayden's latest growth spurt. Needless to say his costume was way to tight and short, but being that I am up for mother of the year, I forced him into it because we will have Halloween pictures.

After wrangling the boys into the backyard, I realized the batteries in the camera were dead. But it is Halloween and we will have pictures whether anyone likes it or not!! As you can see from the pictures, the boys had no interest in pictures or staying in the same general area. While I love our big back yard, I was absolutely exhausted trying to get them in the same general area for more than 2 seconds without tears.

I will openly admit here that I received payback for all the complaining I did (and still do for that matter) when my mom wants pictures of all of us kids. I have no doubt that some of the looks Devin gave me today are very similar to ones I have given my mom over the years.
Do you see her, does she still have the camera?

I think you are safe, make a run for it.
Run Devin, Run!!
If I just hide over here, she will never find me.
Oh, no she sees me!!
OK, one smile if you promise to put the camera away.
I told you woman, one picture and that is enough already!
Go, leave with that camera, leave my brother alone.
Just ignore her, look at the rock, she will leave.
This sucks so bad, where is dad to save us from her?

Great now all the neighbor kids see how dumb our mom is, thanks a lot mom.

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute.You guys better be nice to your mom . Where was The Dad of the year?
    Thanks for the sweet pictures and all your efforts.
    Congratulations on having your office back. That must have been very frustrating for all of you.
    I miss the boys, and I appoligise that I totaly blanked out on Halloween. I failed to send cards or candy to all distant grandkids. Sorry guysNext year I promise to do better. Forgive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandy,
    Now you have a little bit of an idea how Noah felt! Those pictures are precious, and you do win mother of the year because every picture I have of Matt for his Halloween at that age he is screaming and crying (mostly because I made him dress up as a pumpkin and he HATED the hat with more passion than you can imagine). But yes, pictures must be taken, no matter what the cost. Good job!!!
    See you soon, love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandy! It is so great to be able to see the kids grow this way!!! They are getting so big- and I'm so glad to see the Halloween costumes. These will be pics to pull out when they come home with girlfriends!

    love to you all - auntie maggie (auntie em)

    ReplyDelete